Online Communication for Non-Tekkies
Did you know that online communication is just as important as interpersonal communication for training success? Internet communication is not just for nerds and tekkies who live in their parents’ basements! This interactive clinic is chock full of how-to’s, tips and ideas you can use immediately to improve customer relations, sales, marketing and lead generation. Whether you’re a tekkie or not, this program will share ways to apply online technology tools to improve your organization's communication methods.
By the end of this program, participants will have learned how to:
- Choose relevant, keyword rich domain name(s)
- Set up the WordPress blog site infrastructure
- Determine a sound navigational structure to make browsing easy for your readers
- Write content that is engaging and informative
- Select and insert photographs, audio, video and illustrations
- Understand search engine optimization strategies for greater “findability”
- Learn the in’s and out’s of managing your own WordPress site
- Create a Facebook page and Twitter account
- Use a free Feedburner RSS feed and/or paid content distribution service
- Strategize content for social media posts and updates
- Learn how to use hashtags, Twitter search, follows, @ mentions, etc.
- Manage comments, links, categories, pages, posts and themes
- Set up a YouTube account, leverage titles, embed code and share videos
About our speaker:
Laura Benjamin is President of Cabin Mama Communications, a veteran-owned small business based in Colorado Springs. Since 1997, she has provided consulting, coaching, strategic planning facilitation and professional training services to Fortune 50 firms, non-profits, the U.S. military, trusts, boards, educators, independent business owners and private individuals. As a professional speaker and trainer, Laura has presented on three continents for groups from 20-500. Her consulting projects have served organizations of 600+ employees and 10 branch locations.
Refund Policy: Refunds will be issued up to 5 days before an event, meeting, or webinar. We are unable to issue refunds later than that date.